Monday, June 2, 2014

I have absolutely no business living this far north

You see, I am affected by lack of sunlight and cold weather.

Seasonal Affective Disorder or S.A.D.
 
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Seasonal affective disorder (also called SAD) is a type of depression that occurs at the same time every year. If you're like most people with seasonal affective disorder, your symptoms start in the fall and may continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, seasonal affective disorder causes depression in the spring or early summer.
Treatment for seasonal affective disorder includes light therapy (phototherapy), psychotherapy and medications. Don't brush off that yearly feeling as simply a case of the "winter blues" or a seasonal funk that you have to tough out on your own. Take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.


This last winter was very long it has only been warm and sunny hear for a few weeks.  I had scheduled a Cat-a-thon for April, but  just couldn't make myself do it. The weather was still cold and grey.    I managed to get two done and another started that really just was not making me happy.  I almost gave up on myself and my art.  I had all kinds unpleasant  thoughts that I will not get into here.  Just know that this is the worst that it has ever been.

The sun is out and my mood is sunny too.  I am ready to start filling paper with the kitties again.
I am not going to give myself a schedule but I will keep you updated with photos and news.

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE !




No comments:

Post a Comment